Dogs are loving and our best companions. It is the responsibility of every pet owner to take good care their pets apart from offering quality living and food. Sometimes, we overlook their health ailments that can hurt them and cause pain.
Paw problems is one of those ailments. Dogs walk barefoot and are always prone to paw infections. If the issue is untreated, it may cause amputation of leg or nervous breakdown. In order to prevent such thing from happening, it is necessary to take your pet to a vet twice a year for annual health examination.
Causes of Paw Problems:
- Dogs have very soft pads and they get easily hurt when a sharp object pricks their foot. An injury of paw can lead to bacterial or worm infections.
- Parasite attack is another reason for paw problem. Parasites often get attached to the claw and start spreading the infection causing difficulty in walking.
Treatment of Paw Problems:
- If your dog has paw issue, clean the wound with water and apply an antibiotic cream. Also tie a bandage to prevent him from licking the wound. In case, the wound is severe, immediately take him to a vet.
- Long and curly nails can cause sores under the foot pad. So make sure you keep him nails short and clip down them regularly.
- Anti infection or fungus creams are best to prevent bacterial growth. Ask your vet about the best creams.
- In case, parasites have attacked your pet’s paws, take him to your vet for proper diagnosis and effective treatment.
Dogs can’t express their state of mind. So, make sure you try to understand their problem and give them the care and love they deserve. They rely on you to keep them happy and healthy. If you are looking for experienced veterinarians in Scarborough, count on us.