Weird Pet Behavior? Get Veterinary Consultations Today
Like humans, animals also show behavioral changes as well. There are various reasons for behaviour change such as age, environment, diet, social life and more. But most often, these changes are caused by stress. Owners sometimes become so interweaved in our lives that we forget to pay heed to our pet’s health. So, they develop these complex behavioral patterns.
Apart from mental reasons, behavioral changes in a pet can also be brought upon by physiological issues. Some sort of injury or internal health problem can cause varied reactions.The best way to resolve a behavioral situation is to book a consultation with one of our veterinarians.
Professional Pet Behavioural Consultation
At Hwy 401 Warden Pet Hospital, we offer behavior consultation for dogs and cats both. With the perfect blend of animal behavior knowledge and veterinary medicine, we can help:
- Identify any possible physical issues which could be contributing to behavioral issues and address them immediately.
- Diagnose the reasons for behavior problems as per our veterinary principles.
- Develop behavior modification strategies that are especially designed for you and your pet.
- Prescribe appropriate medications, if required, to the patient.
Things to do Before a Pet Consultation
It is important for us to extract as much info as possible from you about your pet before the actual consultation. This helps us to draw a clear picture of your pet’s life which eventually helps us in making the diagnosis and treatment plan for your pet.
What to Expect During Behaviour Consultation of your Pet
We hold the initial consultation at our clinic. The follow-up consults can then be re-located to different locations depending on the pet’s problem, behaviour and other specific needs.
During the consultation, our vets will spend quality time in order to know you and your pet better to clarify questions that our vets may have in mind. They will not only observe your pet’s behavior, but at the same time, analyse the pet’s behavioural history too. After the consultation the vet may:
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment plans with you as per to the problem of your pet.
- Discuss or demonstrate certain behavior modification techniques that are best suited for your pet. The techniques will most likely be compassionate and progressive.
- Discuss follow-up recommendations based on you and your pet’s needs.
After the consultation, we will provide you a detailed summary of the entire consultation process. What all was observed during that time, the reasons for such behavioural complexities and an effective treatment plan to deal with it.
We offer an extended consultation for certain behavioral difficulties. Time with a professional veterinarian can help to uncover the individual “quirks” and personality traits of your particular pet. Some pets develop undesirable or troublesome behaviors, such as house soiling, unwanted barking, digging, spraying, stress/anxiety, dominance, or aggression.
We, at Hwy 401 Warden Pet Hospital, have just the right skill and experience to help your pet with its behavior modifications.