Recommended websites about pet health, safe pet ownership and more.
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (Pet Owners Section), useful pet-owner information covering a wide range of pet topics, from choosing a pet and pet-care basics to the SafePet Program, OVMA pet health insurance and more.
- Pet Poison Helpline, a 24-hour animal poison control service available throughout Canada and the U.S. for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet.
- Veterinary Partner, a comprehensive website by veterinarians on pet health issues.
- Worms and Germs Blog, an educational website promoting safe pet ownership with a view toward public health and disease transmission.
- Sophia Yin – videos and resources for training and pet behavioral issues.
- Indoor Pet Initiative, an information website by The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine covering a range of subjects relevant to pet owners with indoor cats.
- Cornell Feline Health Center, a complete feline health resource by Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Cat Friendly Homes, an information website by the American Association of Feline Practitioners that covers an extensive range of subjects about feline health and caring for cats.
- Feline Diabetes, a comprehensive website for pet owners whose cats have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Canine Diabetes, a comprehensive website for pet owners whose dogs have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Rabbits And Small Animals
- House Rabbit Society, an informative website on all aspects of rabbit health and care by the House Rabbit Society, a non-profit rabbit rescue and education resource.
- Association of Avian Veterinarians , an educational resource that covers all aspects of avian care. The Association of Avian Veterinarians is a diverse global professional organization dedicated to advancing and promoting avian health, welfare, and conservation through education, advocacy, and science. Pet Rodent Care Guide, a comprehensive data base for all things rodent, including mice, Guinea pigs, hamsters, chinchillas, rats and gerbils. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a charity operating in England and Wales that promotes animal welfare.